Look after Each Other

How are you?

I hope you are doing OK during this surreal chapter in the world entitled "Corona Virus".
In Australia, we have had some strong chapter headings lately. "Drought," "Fires," "Floods" & "Panic buying" just to name a few!

I am not panicking. I am not stressed. I have a great God who gives us Hope, Courage and Peace because He is in control and has Purposes beyond our comprehension. Each new day I come to Him to bring Him all my needs. I pray that you can do that too.

But now I want to talk about selfishness.
In a society like Australia, we are brave and resilient. We carry on and get out there and help one another. And so our instinct is to have a "She'll be right" attitude. The problem is that if we don't take the World Health Organisation's advice seriously, "He" or "She" might not be alright!

It is not all about me.
It is not all about you.
It is about the vulnerable members of our community.
People with underlying health issues.
People like my Mum and Dad in their 80's and 90's.
People like my friends who have diabetes.

Last night we went to an open plan restaurant for dinner, thinking it might be the last time in a while that we can do that. I was not embarrassed that I had disinfectant wipes for my table and chair and cutlery handles. But I was blown away by how many people were there, greeting each other with kisses and hugs. I heard a young man say that the media has gone crazy and there was no need to be so over-the-top.

There are massive disappointments coming our way.  In less than 4 weeks, I am due to fly out on a much anticipated trip to Israel and Jordan. That ain't happenin'! :(  :(

We all are going to have to sacrifice things so that others do not have to suffer this virus.

SO... What is happening to The Craft Group?  I will write another post about that!

But in the meantime.
Do not panic but be super vigilant!

I get my main news from WHO (World Health Organisation)
Let's LISTEN and ACT
and
THIS PAGE  has all the accurate info you need.



Be aware of how others are coping and care for each other. We are all in this together!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mini Christmas crocheted stockings by Mandy - Free Pattern

Lantern making... a craft for kids

Mitred Granny Squares by Janice