Happy 2014!

Happy New Year to you!

Summer holidays are nearly over for me :(
This week is just lovely.
I am home alone throughout the day. (3 are away and 2 are away for work from about 6am til 6pm).
You have to be running a household of 6 people to understand how blissful this is.
This week is my favourite weather. Sunny, hot and 27 to 30 degrees c. This is my ideal temperature for holidays at home.
I do a few things (mainly sorting paperwork… what's new!) then decide I'm a bit hot so I go for a swim in our pool. The water is a pleasant 28 degrees c, so no heart attack as I hit the cold water. So nice.

4 days of this. Ahhh!

A few weeks ago our family went again on an SUFM team, running family activities at a caravan park on the south coast. One event we ran is a women's pampering afternoon where we give foot scrubs and massages. About 80 ladies came.



If your feet are looking a bit too 'summery' (i.e. dried and cracked), make some of this Pumpkin Spice Scrub. (I have no idea what pumpkin pie spice is but I don't think it is essential to the mix.)
If you don't have anyone to rub it in for you, rub it on your own feet then put your feet in a square bucket of warm water with a whole layer of marbles on the bottom. Roll your feet around on that. Trust me, it's very relaxing. HERE is another recipe using epsom salts and olive oil.

So, if you are in the Southern Hemisphere… take some time for yourself this week because soon BAM! The routine gets back into full swing and you'll be thinking…. "What holiday?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mini Christmas crocheted stockings by Mandy - Free Pattern

Lantern making... a craft for kids

Mitred Granny Squares by Janice