A Patons pattern.
Super soft yarn.
2 cosy throw rugs made by the beautuful Wendy.
- Diana Grace
- With the help of my friends, I co-ordinate "The Craft Group" which is a place for women to gather and do craft! We share a whole range of things, from craft to the small things that matter to us right up to understanding the whole meaning of life! I learn so much from everyone, I thought a blog would be the perfect way to record the memories! The "Plus..." is all about extra bits 'n pieces that I have found and would love to show you. Welcome to our Craft Group. Please feel free to say hi, leave a comment or become a follower! Enjoy!
Tuesday, 22 May 2018
Wednesday, 18 April 2018
Answer: There is no right way to hold it!
That's not very helpful, I know.
Kay taught our beginner crochet class and wow did we see interesting ways to hold a hook!
We made some conclusions:
1) Holding a crochet hook does not feel natural at first and you need to chain, chain, chain until you get into some sort of natural hold.
2) Many people have filed away in the recesses of their mind, a childhood memory of learning to crochet. Trying out different methods is a good idea (rather than doing what one person tells you). You will find that one way seems more possible than others and it may just be because that is how you tried it as a child.
3) If you chain chain chain, you will start to think more about the chain and yarn and less about your fingers - they will start to look after themselves.
4) Constantly relax your hand and arm muscles. If you don't consciously do this you will get aches you'd rather do without.
5) Please teach the children in your life to crochet when they are young! Even if they don't get right into it, they will have a much better chance of learning it later when they are older and decide they want to relearn how to crochet.
6) Search on You Tube "How to hold a crochet Hook" for different ideas. It doesn't matter at this stage if it is from the UK, Aus or USA. I could not find one single person who holds their hook and yarn the same as me. IN THIS VIDEO OF 3 METHODS, I am a mixture of the 2nd and 3rd demo.
Now... you are ready for your first crochet project using just chain chain chains!
Doing oodles of chains are the best way to relax into your own relaxed hold.
Three-activities-in-one for a 7 and 10 year old staying here on holidays.
1. Go to the beach and collect sea glass. It's better than collecting shells because it is actually removing rubbish from the ocean but feels like you are finding treasure!
2. Make fun pictures with the glass. The possibilities are endless!
3. Give them a little digital camera and get them to take creatice shots of their masterpieces.
Wednesday, 21 March 2018
Wednesday, 14 March 2018
Wednesday, 7 March 2018
Thursday, 1 March 2018
Kind of a theme for her year.
Something to remind her of her goals.
Something to help her remember what is important.
At The Craft Group we have a 'word' too!
The word for 2018 is "Thankful"
Pam shared a great song about being thankful.
Here it is!