Locked down ladies

 Hi crafty friends! How are you  coping with the latest 'delta-induced' lockdown? I do hope and pray you are doing OK. If you are getting bored, you can read here about some of the things I have been doing over the past month...

I have managed to grow something that is actually edible! I planted some expensive heritage pumpkin seeds (the 2 little pumpkins in the front). They were not hugely successful but then, out of the compost heap came a vine which produced 8 beautiful kent pumpkins! I feel like such a successful gardener even though I did nothing to make them grow!


We do go to the shops when we need food but I am trying to use random things up in the freezer. This smoothie was so YUM and a big hit! In my little food blender I first did frozen raspberries and milk, poured them into 4 glasses and then blended up frozen mango with fresh orange juice and carefully poured that on top. Nice with our Sunday morning breakfast before on-line church :)


I'd love to show you some amazing big projects that I have been making in lockdown but in reality I am enjoying finishing off things that have been sitting around for ages, like this lumbar roll I have been meaning to cover for ages. (A little back support which now has a washable cover - perfect for watching the telly and crocheting!)

 

 

A pillowcase full of raw sheep's fleece has been moved around the house for years (I know, embarrassing). So at last I did something quick and fun with it. I made a felted bowl cosy and some dryer balls! The funny thing was that I made 10 dryer balls and showed my sister who is a wool spinner and she has made HEAPS and is selling them and can hardly keep up with the orders! I don't know whether to say "Your welcome" or "Sorry!"

Our dear friend Pauline had to move into care so, on behalf of all her Craft Group friends, we sent her some flowers. We also gave some to our dear friends Dianne and Rosemarie.


                                                              I 'completed' a puzzle ;)


I did a rough job on a "colouring in by numbers". I loved starting with no idea of what I was creating until the end. (When this eye popped out at me I figured it was some creature.) 

Ta da!

This is my favourite crochet stitch and what I like to do to relax.
The "V" stitch is just rows of trebles but on the first row you anchor 2 trebles in the same chain hole and then miss one chain. Then in the next and every other row, you anchor 2 stitches into the "V" of the row below. HERE is a clear video of how to do it that I found on You Tube!

And just because I know you miss my Mum in lockdown, (as well as others from The Craft Group), here is a picture of Mum and Dad!

"Let's go for a walk!" I said to my husband. Well, 2 blocks later, while I wasn't looking at the ground which suddenly fell away, down I went! Sprained ankle, grazed knee, a hole in my good leggings (which I have since darned by the way) and hurt pride. That was our first and last walk together for a while :(

No, this is not a painting. It is a photo (looking up my nose) and I added a filter to it. Don't ask me how I made it because I have already forgotten! Ha ha!!!

SLOW STITCHING! I love the creativity of the 'no rules' slow stitching method. If we were not in lockdown, this is what we were going to be doing at The Craft Group this term. These are some gift tags I made. I will do what Cheryl showed me and put a piece of cardboard behind it, cut in the same shape, and write my message on it. :)

These are some cards I have painted. They are not great and many of the ideas are copied from the internet but I had fun playing with my paints for an afternoon.

Dinner last night. No one was motivated to cook anything and we are limiting takeaway. A good search in the freezer found a packet of English muffins which we promptly were turned into mini pizzas.
 
That's all for now folks!
If you are in lockdown, take care, be creative, be kind, trust in Jesus who says "Do not be afraid".
 
I miss you all!
Diana x




Comments

  1. How wonderful you have been able to use the time effectively.👍😎

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I LOVE to have your comments and will try to answer questions as best I can.

Popular posts from this blog

Mini Christmas crocheted stockings by Mandy - Free Pattern

Lantern making... a craft for kids

Mitred Granny Squares by Janice