Purple hair for the holidays

I'm back!
I'm taking some R&R. Life has been really busy but great.
Except... my Dad broke his hip!
He tripped and fell really hard on his right side on a concrete step and the hip took the brunt of it and busted! Mum managed to get him up on a chair. I arrived ASAP and he was sitting there saying he'll be right soon. No fuss.
I rang the ambulance.
1 1/2 hours later it decided to arrive. I was obviously too calm on the phone!

Yep. Broken hip.

My younger sister asked if he will need a hip replacement. No, I said, sharing my vast medical knowledge with anyone who asks. They screw and pin and put plates in for a broken hip.
The next day... a full emergency hip replacement operation.

Poor Dad. But good that it is fixed properly and he can get on with getting better.

Other than that, I have had a cold and so haven't visited him for a few days. The kids are all busy with various things this week,  and I have not much on my agenda, so I am having a home/sorting/sewing/getting over my cold week! Yay.

And I might just blog some lovely stuff the ladies at The Craft Group have been making.

Here is my 15 year old Heidi. This is what happens when you combine a little sister, a big sister and a bottle of purple hair dye. I think it looks pretty. It is supposed to wash out in a few washes. We'll see! Oh well, something fun for at the beginning of her school holidays.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mini Christmas crocheted stockings by Mandy - Free Pattern

Lantern making... a craft for kids

Mitred Granny Squares by Janice