15 Things to do if you are quarantined at home.

Got lots of time at home?
Make the most of it!

I have been home for 3 days... I am not in lockdown, just being careful.
I still have to work at school for 2 days a week while it is open.
Sadly The Craft Group has been cancelled. BUT, even though there are many sad terrible things going on at the moment, I am thankful for the gift of Time. And I plan to use it well.

So far I have turned our loungeroom into a bedroom for our 28 year old who has moved back home for a while (the spare bedroom is our new office - which I am not parting with!) I also ... without paying a cent, have made a music and art room! I'll share how I did it with you one day!

I have also caught up with a whole basket of ironing!

I have hundreds of projects I could do at home. But it's not just about keeping busy. Looking after our mental health is very, very important at this time.

It is important to have a routine, which I am going to struggle with (I am, unfortunately, rather spontaneous and easily distracted!)

Here are some ideas of things to do at home:

  1. Do The Craft Group fortnightly challenges! (Watch this blog for details!)
  2.  TELEPHONE FRIENDS you have not caught up with for a while.
  3. Sort your craft  area or cupboard!
  4. Find some sealed goods in your home and DELIVER THEM TO AN ELDERLY NEIGHBOUR (e.g. a can of soup, packet of biscuits, roll of toilet paper)
  5. Read through a book of the BIBLE like a detective eg. Read the book of Luke and make note of How Jesus loved people. 
  6. Does your balcony face others? Have an open air neighbourhood sing-a-long! Like they did in Italy.
  7. DO CRAFT! Yes, bust out some of those unfinished projects or start something you have been wanting time to do.... or look out for our challenges!
  8. Sort your digital PHOTOS!
  9. Send some photos away online and have themPRINTED (and home delivered of course).
  10. Google EXERCISE ROUTINES and get moving in your loungeroom. I love the Philippines Zumba. LIVE LOVE PARTY Random suggestion, I know, but so much fun!
  11. Or if you are feeling stressed, you really should do some of CAROLINE WILLIAMS YOGA. So good for your body and soul!
  12. Go for a WALK! Alone or with your dog :)
  13. Go to a MUSEUM ONLINE and enjoy at tour without even leaving your home!
  14. Go online and buy a GIFT CERTIFICATE for a restaurant or small business that might be doing it tough. They need some income and you can go out twice as much after all the home isolation is over and it will feel like you are spending half the amount!
  15. Did I already say... do The Craft Group craft challenges?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mini Christmas crocheted stockings by Mandy - Free Pattern

Lantern making... a craft for kids

Mitred Granny Squares by Janice