11.11.11



Having a date with all 1's written like this only happens once every 100 years. 
So celebrate and have a special day!
Here in Oz of course we have "Remembrance Day" today. 

Remembrance Day (11 November) marks the anniversary of the armistice which ended the First World War (1914–18). Each year Australians observe one minute silence at the exact time the armistice was signed on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. This is in memory of those who died or suffered in all wars and armed conflicts.
Last year we had the minute silence during The Craft Group. We even had the traditional poem and bugle call. It helped to have an army contact through Jenni's Seargent dad, so we knew how to conduct it properly. 
It's always a bit awkward being in the big shopping centre at 11am. The muzak  stops and most people are just quiet and then there are the odd few who are making a huge commotion with bellowing voices and no idea of what is going on. They seem momentarily pleased that they can be heard over the noisy world at last.
Anyway, I always feel a bit sad. Who wouldn't when you think about the detestable thing called war. There are no easy answers and it makes me long for the day Jesus returns and this world will end. I was talking to my youngest, Heidi this morning about that. She said it would be great if Jesus came today on 11.11.11 but it would be best if He came before her music exam this morning! 
Jesus says He will come again. But I don't think He will choose a cheesy date like 11.11.11. He says He will come "like a thief in the night".
I have plenty of things in my life to keep my mind stressing (I know I shouldn't) but one thing I am not worried about at all is what will happen to me if I died today or if the world would end. Would you?
If you read this whole thing, you'll understand what my Faith is all about.
Have a special 11.11.11

Comments

Post a Comment

I LOVE to have your comments and will try to answer questions as best I can.

Popular posts from this blog

Mini Christmas crocheted stockings by Mandy - Free Pattern

Lantern making... a craft for kids

Mitred Granny Squares by Janice