- Harriet shared a song with us last year. It's an old hymn with beautiful poetic words of peace and trust.
Like a River Glorious was written in 1876 by Frances R Havergal.
I have attached the You Tube clip of the London Philharmonic Choir singing it. It's good to read the words first.
- Like a river glorious is God’s perfect peace,Over all victorious, in its bright increase;Perfect, yet it floweth fuller every day,Perfect, yet it groweth deeper all the way.
- Refrain:Stayed upon Jehovah, hearts are fully blestFinding, as He promised, perfect peace and rest.
- Hidden in the hollow of His blessed hand,Never foe can follow, never traitor stand;Not a surge of worry, not a shade of care,Not a blast of hurry touch the spirit there.
- Every joy or trial falleth from above,Traced upon our dial by the Sun of Love;We may trust Him fully all for us to do;They who trust Him wholly find Him wholly true.
You can find more info about this Hymn and even the free sheet music HERE