Hand Made Scarf

I would like to show off this warm cosy scarf.
It was hand knitted by my Mum, Wil, using alpaca wool.
But that's not all...


The alpaca wool was hand spun by my Dad, John on the spinning wheel that sits in the corner of the lounge room.
What a great team effort hey!


Mark and I make a great team too. He earns money so I can spend it on craft. 
A good arrangement.

 Here is the knitter and spinner. They celebrated their 57th Wedding Anniversary this year.

 

Mum loves knitting but I'd be stretching the truth if I said that Dad loves spinning (even though he is very good at it). He learnt it in his youth, out of necessity I think during the war in Holland. It's a bit like learning to ride a bike, once you know how to do it, you don't forget.  


Lovely scarf Mum and Dad!

Comments

  1. Can I put in an order. same colour same wool same design same price ! and sharyn wants one tooo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I LOVE to have your comments and will try to answer questions as best I can.

Popular posts from this blog

Mini Christmas crocheted stockings by Mandy - Free Pattern

Lantern making... a craft for kids

Mitred Granny Squares by Janice