Poor me.

Sorry that I have not blogged for a few days!
What have I been up to?
Well, I have hurt my knee.
I don't know how seriously yet. I have to wait for an MRI.
All I know is it doesn't feel very stable and my Physio is predicting a long haul ahead.
So... hurt knee... put your feet up... do plenty of reading, craft, blogging...
Ha!
Life goes on and everything just takes a bit longer, so I am getting behind with all the things I have on my "To Do" list!

So, you want to know how I hurt my knee?
Really... do I have to tell you?
OK but don't tell anyone because it's a bit embarrassing.

I thought it would be a good idea to be a volunteer parent  helper at the High School Athletics carnival. Right? Right.

I thought it was a good job I was allocated to do, helping organise kids to throw the Javelin. Right? Right.

I thought it was good how the teacher was explaining to the novice kids how to throw the Javelin. Right? Right.

I thought I would throw the Javelin to show them, seeing as I used to be a pretty good Javelin thrower in my younger years. Right? Maybe.

I thought I would give a second demo with the next group, and maybe this time I would make my Javelin actually stick in the ground. Right? WRONG!!!!!!

I was not trying to be a hero, so I was concentrating on not hurting my shoulder.  What I didn't think about was the huge twist involved when throwing a big stick through the air. The full force of that twist  zoning in on my left knee.

Ouch. Crunch. (think of pulling a chicken leg apart)

Anyway, I will spare you all the details.

I'll keep you posted although they will be pretty boring blog posts. Sorry!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mini Christmas crocheted stockings by Mandy - Free Pattern

Lantern making... a craft for kids

Mitred Granny Squares by Janice