Hand sewn quilt for charity

Carolyn is a machine. A hand sewing, quilt producing machine.
She is also very generous with her skills.
This fully hand sewn quilt was made by her to donate to the St George Lantern Club to raffle off to raise money for the North Rocks Deaf and Blind School.


You can see Carolyn peeping around the side there.
I am so impressed with the fact that she never uses a sewing machine! My very first sampler quilt was started about 14 years ago... all by hand.... and it is still sitting in my cupboard in pieces. I should get it out again. Every stitch made is a stitch closer to the finish. It's not making any progress just sitting in my craft cupboard! I was making it for my son Jacob and every time I sew something else he says... "How's my quilt going Mum?" 
Oh dear, I just remembered I have told this story before and you are probably thinking... "Stop talking about it and just get the thing finished!!!"

Thanks for the inspiration Carolyn!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mini Christmas crocheted stockings by Mandy - Free Pattern

Lantern making... a craft for kids

Mitred Granny Squares by Janice