About Me

My photo
With the help of my friends, I co-ordinate "The Craft Group" which is a place for women to gather and do craft! We share a whole range of things, from craft to the small things that matter to us right up to understanding the whole meaning of life! I learn so much from everyone, I thought a blog would be the perfect way to record the memories! The "Plus..." is all about extra bits 'n pieces that I have found and would love to show you. Welcome to our Craft Group. Please feel free to say hi, leave a comment or become a follower! Enjoy!

Monday, 8 August 2011

Carolyn's Butterfly Quilt

This is another quilt which was made using ready cut strips. The strips used for Lorraine's quilt came in a roll, called a Jelly Roll. These strips were cut in the same way but came in a flat pack. The design is called 'Bali Pop'. 
 Same thing, just a different way of marketing the fabric.
Carolyn called her quilt "Butterfly Flutterby".



All gorgeous quilts should have an impressive label! Carolyn hand quilted the whole thing using stitch-in-the-ditch for most of it and stipple quilting in the black boarder which is very effective.
Carolyn has had an offer from someone to buy it. We were discussing how much to charge for a handmade item like this which takes hours days  months to make. Very tricky. I hope you get a good price for it Carolyn! It is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to have your comments and will try to answer questions as best I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...